Paolo Barretta




 I am Paolo Barretta and I'm a photographer from the south part of Italy.
I grew up close to sea and I got my formation because of it. 
 I studied photography at high school and when I was 19 I moved to Rome for studying photography, post production and communication at the European academy of Rome. From there I went in Milan but I didn't find what I was looking for, maybe because I didn't know yet who I was trying to be. Now I am living in Bologna and I'm trying hard to find and hear myself hoping to be simply happy even if I tried for my whole life.
 All I can say about my work is that I always try to create something I can see me through. Restlessness and cosmic perdition are my main themes, my main searching. As human I feel too loud the mess around me, the world, the pain, the strong sense of being lonely. But I also feel the love I need: a smile, a look of a stranger, the sun, the sea, the feeling I still belong to home. The feeling I will always do.